Key documents relating to how we work
- We scrutinise the UK Government’s work in finding a site for geological disposal for most of the country’s higher activity wastes
- We hold meetings with waste owners, regulators, Governments and groups of stakeholders and review documents these organisations produce
- We visit UK nuclear sites and talk to local people, site managers and staff
- We keep in touch with developments in other countries
- All our formal advice is to Government. It is mostly given in our major reports but can also be in shorter documents such as position papers.
- We also give informal advice, both verbally and in writing, to Government, the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and others.
- We use various procedures for gathering and checking the evidence that underlies our advice. For the formal advice we usually consult stakeholders in order to understand their views and publish drafts on this website for wider comment.
Details of our procedures are in Types of Advice (doc. 2806) Size: [19.67 KB] File Type: [.pdf]
Openness and transparency
We are committed to openness and transparency in our work.
- All our substantive decisions are made at plenary meetings that are open to the public.
- All our documents are published unless there are specific reasons for confidentiality.
All of our work is supported by Guiding Principles (doc. 2248) Size:[54.8 KB] File Type: [.pdf] and our Publication Scheme (doc. 2249) Size:[110.81 KB] File Type: [.pdf].
Meetings: Explanations of our plenary and other meetings are in the Meetings section
All reports, plenary papers and other documents are available in the Document store
Page last modified: 26/04/2010 15:08:08